Whilst its the best feeling having a relationship it can become so easily for it all to go wrong. So here are my best tips on maintaining a relationship. Ive been with my current partner for 5years, so i have a fair idea of how to keep things healthy.
Things to remember;
- ‘Distance makes the heart grow founder’ This is one i swear by, i dont mean that you have to move ten miles away but its all about having your own time to make you miss the other person and to keep there cute habits from becoming annoying. Weather its working separate jobs or going out in different friend groups every so often. You can even be in the same house and have your own time for example you can take yourself off to pamper yourself and do your own thing whilst your partner is in a separate part of the house. As much as you may want its not healthy spending every second of your day together.
- Talk – Communication is key in any friendship or relationship. Be real talk about your thoughts your woes, this can also make your bond even stronger.
- Keep a designated night to go all out – Have a date night once a week where you can glam up and go out just like when you used to date. This works best for couples that live together!
- Comprimise – For any relationship to work there needs to be a level of give and take. For instance weather it comes down to what to have for dinner or what to watch on tv. Sometimes you have to meet in the middle.
- Don’t try to change your partner – Theres no person that is perfect everyone has there flaws. Your partner you should love for there flaws n’ all!
- Complements – Keep the relationship positive, say them soppy things give them complements.
- Give what you expect to get – You can’t be not giving your partner a second of your time and expect a massive gift in return. Your equal and both deserve what makes each other happy.
*these are only opinions, some of these might work for you and your relationship