Over time my make up skills and trends have certainly changed, the way i look at make up and the outcome of make up has changed. I thought i would share with you some of the mistakes* i used to make.
Here is a list of beauty mistakes i used to make*
- Not matching my foundation correct and believing that i had incredibly pale skin so i looked like a ghost.
- I used to smother my face in talcum powder because i thought it made my skin feel soft I was about 12 ok!
- Neglecting my brows – i even shaved them off once and thought that drawing on tadpole shaped eye brows was nice? Then i though that over grown brows wouldn’t make a difference. Oh how i was wrong eyebrows are something that can make or break a make up look.
- Applying my blush incorrectly; Looking like coco the clown with big pink dots on my cheeks.
- Spider Legs for mascara; Remember the extremely clumpy mascara stage, i used to sleep in the mascara to make it quicker and it would build up more..
- Foundation on lips – I’m all for nude lips but foundation on the lips it just not attractive especially when the lips are so dry and cracked.
- Not even having a moisturiser or skin care routine until i was about 15/16
- Not using setting spray and wondering eh why does my make up run away after 3 hours..
- Shaving non wet legs with no products. Just the thought makes me cringe now, no wonder my legs where always cut to shreds.
- Not realising the importance to brushes or beauty blenders. Now id be lost without my brushes and sponges. Oh and another thing is keeping them properly cleaned and sanitised.
- Not using conditioner on my hair, so i used to shampoo it once and wonder why it was always so brittle and tangled.
- Not putting eyeliner in my water line but under my eye. Yep i looked like a panda.
Oh wow how tragic did i used to do my make up? What i know now i defiantly didn’t know then.. I can’t find many but here are some throw back pictures of myself from the age 13-15..